Temporary Residence Permit

According to the regulations of the State Migration Office, all foreign students must apply for Temporary Residence Permit upon their arrival to Azerbaijan.

What Documents Do You Need to Obtain a Temporary Residence Permit?

An official application form properly filled and signed.

-  A copy of the passport and the original (validity period of passport or other border crossing document should be at least 3 months before the expiry date of the temporary residence permit to be issued);.

- Notarized copy of the birth certificate or a document equal to it (for those under 18, without passport);

- A medical certificate stating that you do not suffer from any diseases or viruses (Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C) that could have a severe impact on public health. The medical certificates should be obtained from the medical centers that are mentioned below. Otherwise, the medical certificate will not accepted as valid.

1) State Diagnostic Centre:

Address: Yasamal district ,block 3166, Tbilisi ave, P.O. Box- AZ1062, Baku, Azerbaijan

Phone: (+99412) 530-83-18, (+99412) 530-83-77

2) International Medical Centre-2

Address: Narimanov district, Ashig Molla Juma str. 11 B, P.O. Box- AZ1072, Baku,Azerbaijan

Phone:(+994 12) 566-55-74, (+994 12) 566-55-78, (+994 70) 266-55-74

Fax: (+994 12) 566-49-33

- A letter from WU and from the Ministry of Education confirming your admission and enrollment at the university.

- Two photos sized 3.5 x 4.5 cm;

- The document of a residential area-where you shall be registered on (extract on the state registration of the property right from state registry of real estate, warrant for accommodation, rent or tenancy agreement);

- Application of the person(landlord) providing you with a residential area (stating that he/she gives you the permission to be temporary registered);

- Notarized copy of the ID of the person(landlord) providing you with a residential area.

The fee to be paid to the State Migration Service for obtaining a temporary residence permit is 40 AZN.

The temporary residence permit is usually processed within one month.

Western University’s International Office provides continuous support and counselling to international students pertaining to registration and visa issues.

If you have any queries about the application procedure, please contact us during our office hours from Monday to Friday, 9AM - 6PM:

Telephone: (+99412) 492 61 63

Fax: (+99412) 492 67 01